Monday 20 March 2006

And a Mission is begun

One thing I have been warned of is the difficulties involved in obtaining a UK - based bank account – as I am intending to work legally while in the UK figured that I would get started on this sooner rather than later.

So having picked out a bank HSBC – attempted to ring my local branch – a 1300 number and 12 press this button prompts later I get to speak to a “REAL PERSON” - I had a very simple question – did I need to make an appointment to open a new account – either Australian or UK.

10 minutes later the answer was finally produced – no – I could just walk into the nearest branch and open a local account – but would have to brave the automated phone system *gulp* to open a UK account once my local account is open.

Now I just have to find (apparently they are somewhere on the website) and decipher the forms that I have to take with me to open the local account

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some travel agents can arrange this for you