Tuesday 19 September 2006

Southport - 2nd time around

After my final Scottish Adventure it was time to indulge in a weekend of non stop – well near to dancing at Southport Dance Weekender – which as an absolute blast – had a much better time than in June – for 2 main reasons – knew a bunch more people and my feet kept it together and didn’t fall apart on me every few hours.

I arrived about 4pm and had my hug & dance before I even got to my room – thank you Pretzelmeister!!!

Saturday I had an early nap and managed to dance through the night until 9am Sunday morning – I don’t think there is a better place in the world to be than on a dance floor with nice people, smooth tunes and plenty of space. Thanks to CJ & Dave H for some absolutely fab dances.

Sunday morning – I managed to sleep for a few hours – but not as many as I would have liked before heading back to the blues room around 1pm – and that was pretty much where I stayed until 7am Monday morning when the music stopped – well done to Trampy for keeping the music going until then. The Highlights of Sunday Night/Monday Morning were chatting with Drathzel, new discovery’s jiveaddicted and a couple others who’s name I can’t recall or maybe didn’t get *opps* and lots of lovely dances with people I got to know at the last Southport and with my lovely friends from Scotland including my final dance of the weekend with Pretzelmeister *hugg*

And a big thank you to my lift home – got to leave at the very civilized time of 10am which enabled me to dance through to music’s end and enjoy breakfast (thanks to the organisers for that) with those still standing after all night dancing and helping Rachel & Marc pack up.

Sunday was a little sad as this was time for me to say good bye to many of my Scottish friends but Scotland isn’t all the far away for now at least.

Having a chalet to myself had it’s upsides and it’s downside – it was nice not having to worry about what mess I made or how much noise I made when I came back, or about being woken up by someone else returning – but it was also a slightly surreal and isolating experience – so in Feb I have convinced the lovely Jo to share with me.

Really looking forward to the next one in Feb – hope my chalet is close to the main building *brrrrr* :)

Only a few photos to busy dancing to take photos ;)

No comments: