Monday 15 May 2006

Next stop Harrods!

A short tube ride from Piccadilly Circus and I was at Harrods where I managed to while away the remainder of the afternoon.

At Harrods I discovered a new addiction – tried rose & violet cream chocolates – and while violet cream is an acquired taste for me – rose creams are divine!!

The food halls at Harrods are quite mind boggling – with pretty much any speciality food you could think of available to take home as well as numerous “bars” to eat at – my favourite was the ice cream bar – not that I had one of their sundaes – they were huge and I doubted my ability to consume the entire thing.

I did however indulge in a crepe suzette on the 4th floor to sustain me in my explorations of this institution.

Amongst the china, clothes & furniture some of the more striking items you can purchase are fossils – yes really and not just little ones – suspect you would need to ensure that your walls were structurally sound before hanging this item and old maps-some of these are lovely much more artistic than maps these days.


Photos @ Kodak

No comments: