Friday 12 May 2006

When plane seats attack

My flight from HK to London was rather less comfortable than anticipated – I had pre-booked my seat before I left Melbourne – having picked a window seat at the back of the plane which had some extra space – a nice piece of planning I thought.

I had just got settled when I leant forward to get my book out of the pocket and the head rest fell off hitting me in the back!! A steward fixed it and said if there was any further problems they would move me to another seat as it was rather wobbly.

After take off I once again I leaned forward to get my inflight magazine and once again I was attacked by the headrest again! The steward when to locate a spare seat – unfortunately there were no window seats – so the only available spare seats were middle seats as I had no choice I picked one.

So I spent the next 12 hours crammed between to people playing leap frog every time I wanted to get up. So lesson learnt here is that on the 12 hour sleeping flight I want an aisle seat as leaping over sleeping people is not a fun activity

No comments: