Monday 23 October 2006

Olympus

Having finally collected the boat people we headed to Olympus for a few hours – Olympus is known for it tree hours and there is a beach and an ancient city.

Most of the land lubbers headed straight for “Canars house” for some lunch at the café they had platforms with low tables and cushions to sit on and growing all around them were orange trees which grew the most amazing green oranges

As I wasn’t hungry so I headed off to the beach with some of the boat people to get to the beach you had to pay 2 Lira entry fee to the ancient city – so after a short wander we made it to the beach where parked ourselves down on the small rocks as apposed to the large rocks.

I headed straight into the water it was beautiful – swam for a bit and then just floated looking up @ the scenery and pretending I was all along in the world.

Bridget took some photos of me bobbing about.

By the time I head back in to the shore the shade had crept over our possie on the beach.

After a bit I head back to the café and grabbed a drink and watched Selim and Canar play back gammon they play it SO fast it’s hard to know whats going on.

Talva (backgammon) is very popular in Turkey – tea houses have boards for customers to use

Photos @ Kodak

No comments: