Tuesday 6 June 2006

My Adventures in WCS

Finally got to try WCS!! Robert & Deborah taught 1 beginner and 2 improvers workshops over the course of Southport – the improvers classes built very smoothly on to what was taught in the previous classes with out excluding those that hadn’t attended them.

Robert & Deborah’s teach style is clear, fun & funky and you had better behave or Deb will “go all New York on You”

The biggest issue I encountered with WCS was/is anchoring properly and not stepping forward until lead forward.

In class many of the guys would just expect the ladies to step forward as the move was being called out by the teachers. So when I attempted to actually dance WCS I wasn’t anchoring properly & in coming forward threw the poor guys timing.

I’m sure Sheepman was much relieved when with a wail of “I official suck @ WCS” I returned us to the Modern Jive fold and left WCS for another day & victim.

And thanks to Paul – from somewhere south of Dundee for going over the WCS stuff

No comments: