Tuesday 6 June 2006

Southport

Well I survived my first Southport! And much to my surprise I am planning to register for the Feb 2007.

Southport takes place at Potins – a holiday camp and is approx 6hr drive from Dundee, this one specifically took place 2-5 June 2006.

The basic stats of Southport are

  • 1500 dancers

  • 3 rooms of freestyle

  • All day/night dancing in the blues room

  • 3 rooms of workshops

  • 26 teachers

  • 12? DJ's to keep the music going all weekend



I found the evening freestyles on Friday and Saturday night rather overwhelming – rooms so full, hot, hyped, that if you had asked me at 3.30am on Sunday morning as I gave up and took my sore foot and weary head to bed I would have said it’s been interesting and all but wouldn’t bother with another; But then Sunday happened and made the whole weekend worthwhile.

No comments: