Monday 10 July 2006

Sunday Dinner

On Sunday I treated to a home cooked Sunday dinner by the fabulous Bob & Caroline. Bob & Caroline are venue managers at the Monday & Thursday night venues I DJ at. Bob picked me up at 2.30pm which allowed me to have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner with no worry.

Dinner started with an entrĂ©e of smoked salmon and prawns and salad delicious – especially the smoked salmon which I am normally not a big fan of – the flavour was much more delicate than I have ever encountered before. Main course was melt in the mouth roast lamb with organic veggies. An dessert was homemade strawberry tarts – well the pastry was bought but the filling and glaze was homemade – and god knows I I wouldn’t even have attempted to make that much of them. And they were the most delicious tarts mmmmmm.

As a thank you for their hospitality rather than risk wine – not knowing the brands here I suspected I would end up choosing something hideous, I next considered cut flowers but apart from the super market didn’t know where to get them and the ones at the supermarket weren’t very inspiring. So in the end I settled on 2 small flowering plants – I didn’t know if B&C were gardeners as such but if they weren’t the plants would last at least as long as cut flowers. As it turns out Caroline is into gardening and has a lovely garden :)

It was a lovely afternoon of good food and great company including the lovely Tilly the cat to pat.

No comments: