Tuesday 29 August 2006

A Gentle Day of Sightseeing & Swallows at Play

Monday was a bank holiday so now work – public holidays are weird here – apart from Christmas & Boxing day – they are sort of option – you get them but depending on circumstances you make get them at the time of them or at a different time all together. Also they have no name s- apart from the Christmas Day & Boxing Day they are all just called Bank Holidays

Any Monday was one and I got it off so I headed out to Abroath Abbey, which is only 40 drive from Dundee it is where the declaration of Arbroath the Scottish equivalent of the US declaration of independence was written, as far as ruins go it was nice enough but I’m starting to get to the point of seen one ruined cathedral, church etc seen them all – that said I saw a flyer for Edzell Castle and formal garden which was only about 40 mins away from the Abbey and only 40 mins from home so I headed there as well – the garden was lovely although the roses were somewhat past their best.

The Highlight of this adventure was swallows at play – along the drive way to Edzell castle they were swooping and diving all over the place – including one that flew just ahead of the car for about 2/3’s of the length of the driveway!!

Once I had finished looking at the Abbey I spent a good 10 minutes or so watching they over the fields beside the drive way – I tried to take photos but they were to far away to show up in a general photo and moving WAY to fast for a close up

Photos @ Kodak
Abroath Abbey

Edzell Castle

No comments: