Saturday 19 August 2006

Sunday of Sight seeing

Sunday started with Pretzelmeister & I heading to the Willow Tea Rooms for sustenance. These tea rooms have a long history in Glasgow having been designed entirely by Mackintosh and once upon a time were “The place” to take tea now days I would say you visit them more to be able to say you have been there rather than for the food or ambience. The food was average and the ambience rather tired but with the cheerful if somewhat tired company of Pretzelmeister a very pleasant time was had. And I further added to my Scottish food experience by trying some of P’s Arbroath Smokie – smoked fish prepared in Arbroath it was very nice – it was lighter in flavour and less bone filled than kippers which I had sampled the weekend before

The next items on the sightseeing tour were St Mungo’s museum, Glasgow Cathedral and Glasgow Necropolis but first a short intermission for some Bridge Dancing

Photos @ Kodak

No comments: