Monday 28 August 2006

A weekend of Dancing

This weekend was a weekend of dancing as I headed out to the both the Edinburgh Monthly party and the Stirling Tea Dance.

On the Saturday, Dave & I met up in Dundee and then headed to Edinburgh where we met up with Marnie (Sydney dancer in London and up in Edinburgh for the weekend), Ruth & Roger for dinner. Dinner was delicious and companionable.

From the restaurant it was just a short walk to Marcos the venue for the Ceroc Party. I have to say that I enjoyed this Edinburgh party much more than the first one I attended – which was for 2 main reasons I knew more people and there were less people, so the was room to dance with out fear of stepping on or being stepped on.

Over all a very fun evening – although there was a bit much swing music for my taste – swing music is for lindy and the like not ceroc in my book.

It was fabulous to see Marnie – and not nearly long enough – looking forward to the chance to catch up with her properly when I’m down south more permanently

It’s amazing how much quickly a long drive goes with company – Dave was driving so the time flew even faster for me.

And even though there we were both tired we still stayed up watching WCS dvd’s until stupid o’clock – good thing that we didn’t have to be up early on Sunday.

Sunday saw us dragging ourselves up and out the house in time to have some lunch in town – I had planned to cook breakfast but we were up to late and I was to tired, then after a pleasant wander around town, it was time to depart for my final Stirling Tea Dance!

My turn to drive this time and once again amazing how fast the time goes when you are travelling in company – especially company that talks as much as I do.

The Stirling Tea dance was delightful as always – these have been the highlight of my dancing time in Scotland – so relaxed such a friendly bunch of dancers – several of the regular leads here are amongst my favourite leads here!

It all ended far to soon but with Dave’s company the drive home once again flew by

Photos @ Kodak

No comments: